11 March 2011

Bacon Birthday Cake for the Grown One!


Yesterday we celebrated the 23rd birthday of the Grown One ..... hard to believe he is this grown :/ But we are so very, very proud of the man he has grown into. He believes that bacon is truly one of the best things in life so when I was posting on his Facebook page I thought "hmmmm wonder if there is a google image of a bacon birthday cake" and indeed there were several. When he saw my post he responded "Please tell me this is my birthday cake!" Well, what's a mama supposed to do?! I baked a gluten free chocolate cake , frosted it with cream cheese frosting and went to town with the bacon. There was a moment where I even thought I might put Chris instead of Christopher and believe me when I tell you the earth would have tilted on its axis. The world may call my child Chris but his Mama, Daddy, maternal family and Greenville family call him Christopher. Off track moment ...when he was little and playing soccer the coach couldn't figure out why he wouldn't acknowledge him when Christopher was on the field and coach was well..coaching. I had to tell him CHRISTOPHER didn't have a clue the man was talking to him, he had never in his life , at that point, been called Chris. So back to the Bacon Birthday Cake and the Grown One. He, Sweet One and Baby Boy were all extremely impressed and loved that the house smelled like chocolate and bacon. Christopher was rather impressed how well I wrote in bacon. So if you have a bacon lover in your house show them the pictures but be prepared you just might be baking a chocolate cake and frying some bacon in the near future ;)





 

6 comments:

  1. When I saw the cake I just couldn't believe how much time you must have spent on the lettering with bacon! I am impressed.
    Very impressed. I know he must have enjoyed it mucho. Thinking back, I can honestly say that when my Mama baked, cooked, prepared supper, it was all the more delicious because I knew she had made it with love. What a wonderful birthday Christopher had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cake! It must have taken lots of time and dedication - and I'm sure he will have felt that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's moms like you who make the rest of us look bad! Haha! Just kidding, Beverly! This is truly remarkable...and you ARE a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birthday wishes from me! And that's an impressive birthday cake. I can't quite get my head round bacon on a cake though - I fully expected this to be a story about how 'baking a cake' got misheard!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to know how it tasted! What a handsome son you have. Happy Birthday, Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :o) This just makes me smile, Beverly! I love that you accommodated your son by making a bacon cake, and I bet it was delicious! I've been seeing recipes for bacon-chocolate-chip cookies and I think those sound really good. I make a dark chocolate syrup that we use for pancakes and it's always best with bacon on the side, so I can only imagine how yummy it was with the cake and frosting combiniation! Happy (belated) birthday to your boy! xo

    ReplyDelete

YOU ROCK! Seriously, I love getting comments, so know that you have put a bit of added sunshine in my day. Thanks so much and I hope your day is glorious!