the Little girls...BabySister, BEglorious, the Special Sister and the Oldest Sister
The Special Sister’s 59th birthday is Tuesday. She has always loved celebrating her birthday. She would start telling you in April that her birthday was coming in February. Of course it’s hard to not believe that you have the most important birthday when you have so many people wanting to celebrate with you that the partying goes on for 14 days!
1. Pat's favorite colors are purple and pink.
2. Pat is a huge fan of good looking men, one of the nicer things for the men in her life she adores is that her love made them automatically good looking.
3. Pat has complete belief and confidence in the abilities of her sisters, niece and nephews. Growing up if she saw something amazing being performed she would say "well, I bet Beverly can do that" or "Debra can do that" or "I know Paula can do that" It didn't have to be a skill we possessed just something she admired ...singing, ice skating, dancing, gymnastics and on and on.
4. Although very petite Pat has always been "as strong as a mule" When she dug in, there she stood. Although she isn't as physically strong now, she can still dig in.
5. Pat is a performer. She has been a member of the Hope Singers for many years. She did solos and until her final performance in 2011 she was the closing act, showing off her talents as a dancer. Midway through the finale she would lead the city's mayor up front to dance with her. The audience and he loved it.
6. Pat loves collards and fried chicken and cheesecake and caramel and butterscotch.
7. Pat is a huge NC State fan! Football and basketball, she passionately pulls for the Wolfpack.
8. Pat has always remembered birthdays and never failed to call and sing to the birthday boy or girl regardless of their age.
9. Pat, born to an amazing mother and father who have been lifelong advocates for her, throughout her life has soared above all doctors' and experts' expectations of her.
10. Having Pat as a sister has more than a little to do with the person I am today.
Today's post is inspired by Shimelle Lane