24 January 2012

Pinterest Inspired Tuesdays = Pinspiration


Pinspiration
a weekly challenge to actually create something inspired by Pinterest


My book club recently met at the home of a member that has a gluten intolerance. The host generally supplies dinner and someone else jumps in with salad and/or dessert. Having SweetGirl in my life I am very conscious of how those with Celiacs or gluten intolerance have to bypass a lot of foods when eating in others' homes. I quickly offered to bring dessert. I already had these pinned.

Turtle Cheesecake Bars

Pinned Image


These were amazing! I did take the lazy way out and instead of making the chocolate topping just sprinkled chocolate chips. I actually liked it that way a lot because it gave it some firmness (that's not the word I want but all I can think of) I also tried to be a bit healthier (every bit helps, right?!) using fat free cream cheese and plain greek yogurt.









Just in case someone didn't like the richness of the turtle cheesecake or had a nut allerygy I also mad this GF Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake. Really, the only gluten free adjustment is using GF cake mix instead of the regular.



Be sure you replace the cake mix in her recipe with a GF white cake mix if needed!






Both of these recipes called for a 9x13 pan but I think I'll use an 8x8 in the future so they will be a bit thicker. You do cut small slices of these, especially the turtle cheesecake, it's super rich!

 The Chosen One was most happy to get double dessert on photo shoot night lol




Have you started trying any of the things you’ve pinned or are you still just pinning away thinking... one day?  If Pinterest inspires you to create this week feel free to come back and link up below. If not this week, I hope you are inspired to join me on a future Tuesday.





if you are new to  Pinterest   here's a good tutorial 
http://thedailydigi.com/pinterest-101-a-tutorial/ 

If you need an invitation to join Pinterest just let me know in your comments or email me!
Have a glorious day and be inspired to create something today!



6 comments:

  1. These look delicious,Beverly....and as I have a friend with gluten intolerance....may come in very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a couple of people with gluten issues here too and it is handy to know of alternatives - especially for sweet things. I had never thought of pinterest as a source of recipes, I don't use it very often!

    One of our local supermarket chains holds a great deal of stock that is suitable for gluten intolerance, Coeliac disease and other allergies ... a dietitian recommended a particlar chocolate cake mix and it is hands down the best cake I've ever tasted, and that is coming from someone who bakes most things from scratch.

    Thanks for these ideas Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have several things in Pinterest waiting for my undivided attention! As soon as I conquer them, you can bet I'll be back to link up. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were both simply delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete

YOU ROCK! Seriously, I love getting comments, so know that you have put a bit of added sunshine in my day. Thanks so much and I hope your day is glorious!