03 October 2013

Practicing was fun!

Jane, one of my best friends, daughter got married the 21st night of September. Amber has also become a friend to me. They had an amazing photographer lined up for the wedding day but I thought it would be nice to have photos of the rehearsal and dinner. Once you've gone through the child getting married process you realize there are so many photos you wish you had, at least those scrapbooking, memory keeping people like me do. When the Beast and SweetGirl got married I promised myself I was going to fully live in the moment and not be behind the camera. I kept that promise to myself only taking 200 pictures from Tuesday through Sunday! I'm glad I did it but I also know next time I am going to grab a trusted friend and give them a list of photos I want captured. All that being said I have decided that this is something I will offer friends in the future. Amber and Mark were first up. Are the photos professional quality? NO!  Do they show the happiness, love and funny moments? YES! I took over 300 photos in 3 hours and I think it was a very good thing. They seem to think so, too :)























11 comments:

  1. Definitely full of love and happiness!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the candid shots. What a wonderful gift to give the happy couple so that there family can enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Beverly - a beautiful gift - and I just love how the photos shine with joy. Jen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Jenny! I just love how they are filled with laughter and joy.

      Delete
  4. A lovely selection of memories for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift you've given them & the photos are great - you've captured some really special moments in these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, Beverly! I've done this before too - taken my camera and snapped away at the more intimate, behind the scenes moments. These will be treasured photos for your friend. Well done, you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are the best kind of wedding photos, for sure! When we got married we couldn't afford a professional photographer so I have the pictures my friends took and they show so much more of the day. This is a perfect gift

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely! The informality and fun really shines through - I am sure these will be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots - they really capture the mood.

    ReplyDelete

YOU ROCK! Seriously, I love getting comments, so know that you have put a bit of added sunshine in my day. Thanks so much and I hope your day is glorious!