29 June 2013

2013 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt ~ June Sharing

2013 Scavenger Hunt

Rinda over at Gallo Organica is hosting her third Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt and I am in again. I am also working on the Chosen One and SweetGirl participating this year. Rinda considered having dragonflies on the list. SweetGirl has gotten pics of about 4 in the last week, too bad they weren't included.  Last year Rinda had a "bride" as one of the items so I was realllly hoping she would be an equal opportunity hunt creator and assign us a "groom" this year. But noooo, there is no "groom" on the list, there are things like windmills, dinosaurs and "a cloud in the shape of something (be specific as to what you see)"  Ohhhh I am so bad at that last one @@ but the hunt is always fun and makes you have your camera at the ready. This year you can also tag your captures on Instagram by using #summertimescavengerhunt"

You can check by our blogs or IG to see our finds but why not join us?
To see my finds throughout the summer just click on the tab at the top of the blog that says
PhotoScavHunt13
I've decided that I am going to challenge myself to get multiples of all almost all of them. In late September I'll know which one I want to use.

To get  others' catches so far this summer click over to this post at Rinda's. People are around the world are participating so you really do have items that will vary a great deal and things that are the same no matter where you are.

2013 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt

SCAVENGER HUNT LIST

You have until the last day of summer (September 21) to find and photograph the following items:
1. Open air market
2. Theater for performing arts (not a movie theater)
3. City Hall, Capitol or other similar civic building
4. Airplane
5. A sunset
6. Someone or something taking a nap
7. A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny
8. A tower
9. A photo with someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong
10. A bench that is outside
11. An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc.
12. A cloud in the shape of something (please specify what you see)
13. A fence
14. A stained glass object or a mosaic
15. A fire truck or police car
16. A windmill 
17. Candle(s)
18. Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop
19. A fisherman
20. A dinosaur
21. A photograph of you with an artistic tool or craft supply (you cannot substitute for this item)
Bonus/substitute items. If you find any of the above items too difficult, feel free to substitute either (or both) of these items. You can substitute up to two items, but you cannot substitute Item #21:
A person wearing an outfit (or item of clothing) that symbolizes your country
A sundial

16 comments:

  1. So many police cars! It's funny that you have multiple benches and so do I. I think there a few on the list that I will find more than once. Great start :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Fi, I see great layouts for those cars and benches!

      Delete
  2. Wow - what a variety of police cars! LOL! I really like how you've put them all in a tab. The sunset shot is so beautiful!
    Thanks for linking up this morning.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks, that was a true point and shoot while her cousin the professional photographer was getting amazing shots. The tab was the only way I could figure out how to not be obnoxious with all my multiples lol

      Delete
  3. That has to be the most stunning sunset I have seen so far! Beautiful.
    Clearly, outside benches are plentiful in your corner of the world - how will you choose a winner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the subjects help that photo of the sunset ;) So far I am most drawn to the magenta metal one but we are only halfway through summer lol

      Delete
  4. I've really enjoyed looking at your photos so far. I am doing the same as you and taking duplicates and deciding which one to keep at the end of the summer. It almost feels too early to be taking the photos and crossing them off the list - what happens if a better one comes up?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Becky! Plus I wanted it to be a summer long challenge versus me being done halfway through.

      Delete
  5. I really need to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some amazing photos. I love all the benches and police cars. I saw something pretty cool in one of your cloud photos ... I wonder what you saw in it? That is one prompt open to the most interpretation but the one that I am having the hardest time finding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhh I'll have to remember to ask you later in the summer what you saw!!

      Delete
  7. Great collection of benches! I still have nothing for the cloud photo. You'd think it would be the easiest but we have been so overcast we rarely see individual clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All this rain has made it pretty hard to find white fluffy clouds! Thankfully we've caught a break this week.

      Delete
  8. Great collection Beverly...must go and. Sort my own out!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Multiple items? Now there's a challenge! I think I will be lucky to manage one of each! Will be watching with interest :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny, Alexa, once you've found one, you start noticing more lol

      Delete

YOU ROCK! Seriously, I love getting comments, so know that you have put a bit of added sunshine in my day. Thanks so much and I hope your day is glorious!