11 July 2010

Preparing My Heart and Suitcase for Red Springs



   Today I leave for a week long mission trip to Red Springs, NC.  This is Baby Boy's last youth mission trip and my first. I have been called to inreach and nurturing throughout the 11 years I have been a part of the youth family and have been on many trips but no weeklong mission trips. This year they needed another female and it wasn't all construction (not my cup of tea in the summer) so here I am, Lord.  We will be staying at the  NCBaptistMenMissionCamp .  I will be working with a team of 11 doing Servant Evangelism in a local park ..... handing out bottled water, face painting, balloon animals (really? think the youth may have to cover that by themselves lol), playing and talking to the locals that visit the park. I pray that God will use me to His glory. I pray that each of the youth on this trip will have a meaningful experience that deepens their heart for missions and Jesus. I look forward to sharing photos and stories when I get back. Have a glorious week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU ROCK! Seriously, I love getting comments, so know that you have put a bit of added sunshine in my day. Thanks so much and I hope your day is glorious!