15 November 2010

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart

15 November 2010

I am thankful for Aesop, the Automated Educational Substitute Operator Placement! Aesop is the computer system our school system uses to notify substitutes of job opportunities and assignments. It works well for the most part and is so nice that I can choose to get a phone call or email. I am so thankful that I get to work with children but don't have to make that full time commitment of having a class and doing lesson plans, etc, etc, etc. I have been substitutung 12 years and it has been a perfect fit for me and our family.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds ideal. I worked as a volunteer classroom assistant for five years and really enjoyed it. It got me a paid job too - as a school "dinner lady" (lunchtime supervisors) for the teenies (4-6yrs). I kind of miss them...
    It is nice to be able to choose when you work and not be tied, when you have a family to consider.
    Truly something to feel thankful for!

    By the way, I didn't get any e-mail from you, about your prize. Did it go missing? You can leave me a comment if there's a problem and I can add you to my e-mail list (though it should at least get to the Spam folder for me to check). :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beverly ~ It's cool to know that you are a substitute teacher, and really nice that there's a system in place like Aesop to help organize things. :o)

    ReplyDelete

YOU ROCK! Seriously, I love getting comments, so know that you have put a bit of added sunshine in my day. Thanks so much and I hope your day is glorious!